Step Three: Ask Any and All Questions that You Have.
After doing some initial research on the vehicles you’re considering on your own, It’s time to meet with the seller. Meeting with the seller, be it a dealership or a private seller, will help you get more information than a history report will give you. Some key questions you need to ask include:
• How many miles are on the vehicle?
• What condition is the vehicle in?
• Is there anything not on the CARFAX® that I should know about?
• Are there any recalls on the vehicle or its parts?
• How long have you had the vehicle?
The last question is more geared towards buying from private sellers but is still a good question to ask regardless.